Transfer Case Service
What is a Transfer Case Service?
The old and contaminated gear oil is removed from the Transfer Case.
We replace it with new fluid that contains the correct additives to help
keep the transfer cases operating properly.
What are the benefits of a Transfer Case Service?
- Extends the life of the transfer case
- Minimizes the effects of oxidation deterioration due to heat and
high speed driving
- Reduces wear and spalling (gear flaking)
- Minimizes high speed foaming of fluid which causes lower lubrication
- Maintains warranty requirements
What is a Transfer Case?
The transfer case is a gearbox found on most four wheel drive cars
which directs a portion of the power from the transmission to the front
and rear wheels.
How often should a transfer case service be
Grease Monkey recommends this service in accordance with the car
manufacturer's service intervals. Your Grease Monkey manager will check
the resource manual specifically for your car's recommended service